Styling and Appearance
jQWidgets uses a pair of css files - jqx.base.css and jqx.[theme name].css. The
base stylesheet creates the styles related to the widget's layout like margin, padding,
border-width, position. The second CSS file applies the widget's colors and backgrounds.
The jqx.base.css should be included before the second CSS file.
Below is the list of CSS classes used by jqxValidator.
- jqx-validator-hint - applied to every error popup.
- jqx-validator-hint-arrow - applied to the arrow of the popup (if the arrow is allowed).
When you create a custom style with colors and backgrounds for jqxValidator, you need
to do the following:
- Add the above CSS classes related to jqxValidator
- After each CSS class, add your theme name.
- To apply your custom style to jqxValidator, you need to set its 'theme' property (option)
to point to your theme name string.
- The sample below demonstrates how to set the 'summer' theme to jqxValidator.