Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Gauge in tabs? Gauge in tabs? #5625

    ChrisJ
    Member

    As a follow up to this, the gauges work “ok” under IE (there’s still the rendering issues mentioned earlier, but it does work). However, under FF, the code crashes with an error. The following is reported by firebug

    Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMSVGLocatable.getBBox]
    http://192.168.2.232/dm2/jqwidgets/jqxchart.js
    Line 7

    Given it’s minimised, it’s impossible to work out quite where the issue lies, but I thought I’d mention it anyway.

    Chris

    in reply to: Getting the tab window height Getting the tab window height #5165

    ChrisJ
    Member

    Hi Peter,
    Thanks for the support. If you want I can email you a more detailed application example.

    Thanks
    Chris

    in reply to: Getting the tab window height Getting the tab window height #5118

    ChrisJ
    Member

    Thanks Peter,
    However, this is not what I’m seeing. The splitter that is not in view has a height that’s a bit larger than the tab that is in view. In any case, I can probably resolve this by trapping the “selected” event (although I’ve tried this and it’s not actually working – possibly because the selected event is called before the tabs are changed?).

    It simply does not seem possible to stop the splitter from resizing off the bottom of the window. If you run the code in the example above and resize a splitter, when you change back to the other tab the splitter bar extends outside of the tab window (ie off the bottom of the screen). I can’t work out how to resolve this. With a more complex application, it seems very difficult to get everything sized correctly.

    Thanks
    Chris

    in reply to: Getting the tab window height Getting the tab window height #5065

    ChrisJ
    Member

    Thanks for the response Peter,
    This is actually what I’m using, but the results aren’t consistant. The issue is possibly associated with scope – ie which tab is visible. The following code shows something along the lines of what I have, and shows the output. You can see that for the tab that is visible, the results look correct (I haven’t checked them, but they look ok). However, for the tab that’s not visible, invalid results are returned. Maybe this is just the way of life, and I’ve tried to handle this by detecting which tab is visible, but this doesn’t appear to be 100% reliable.#

    The other issue is that the splitter bar extends below the height of the tab window if you change tabs…

    Thanks for your help.

    Chris

    $(document).ready(function () {
    var theme = '';
    $("#tabs").jqxTabs({ theme: theme, height: '100%', width: 400, selectionTracker: true });
    $('#splitter').jqxSplitter({enableCollapseAnimation:true, height: '100%', width: '100%', theme: theme, panels: [{ size: 200 }, { size: 200}] });
    $('#splitter2').jqxSplitter({enableCollapseAnimation:true, height: '100%', width: '100%', theme: theme, panels: [{ size: 200 }, { size: 200}] });
    $(window).bind("resize", function (event) {
    performLayout();
    });
    performLayout();
    });
    function performLayout() {
    var h = $(window).height() - 20;
    $('#tabs').jqxTabs('height', h);
    $('#size').html("tabs="+$("#tabs").height()+"splitter="+$("#splitter").height()+"splitter2="+$("#splitter2").height()+"splitter-1-1="+$("#splitter-1-1").height()+"splitter-2-1="+$("#splitter-2-1").height());
    }
    html, body
    {
    height: 100%;
    width: 100%;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }
    <div>
    Tab 1
    Tab 2
    <div>
    <div>
    Content 1.1
    <div></div>
    </div>
    <div>
    Content 1.2
    </div>
    </div>
    <div>
    <div>
    Content 2.1
    </div>
    <div>
    Content 2.2
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    • This reply was modified 9 years ago by  Peter Stoev. Reason: Code Formatting with the Format HTML Code button

    ChrisJ
    Member

    Hi Peter,
    Thanks for the reply. I’m running the same script as above, but instead of using a data adaptor, I’m initialising the dropdownListSource array statically. The rest is exactly the same. This works ok with jqWidgets 1.9, but when I changed to jqWidgets 2.0 it stopped working and I had a blank dropdown.

    Cheers
    Chris


    ChrisJ
    Member

    Hi,
    Maybe it’s just me, but I think this has stopped working with V2.0. If I use the same file (basically the same as in your example above) it works with 1.9, but with 2.0 I get a blank dropdown list.

    Cheers
    Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)