jQuery UI Widgets Forums Grid Immediate Cell Update Upon Dropdownlist Selection

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hristo 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

• SandBird
    Participant

Hello,

I have a jqxGrid with a column that is a dropdownlist type.

Currently, upon selecting a value from the dropdownlist it takes two steps to “accept” the value into the cell (checking with ‘getrowdata’ before hitting enter or selecting other cell gives ‘undefined’ for the expected value).

Is there a way to insert the selected value into the cell immediately upon selection? (as mentioned above, I need to either hit enter or “lose focus” in order to see the selected value applied to the cell).

I would appreciate if someone can show away to do it as I have tried using various things like tying a ‘setcellvalue’ to a ‘select’ event of the dropdownlist but it goes into an infinite loop as well as many other things but nothing works properly.

Thank you for your time!

SandBird
    Participant

Answering my own post but just in case someone is looking for a solution, I have managed to solve the aforementioned challenge by using columntype: 'custom' together with combination of createEditor with a select event on the jqxDropDownList. In the select event I do endcelledit and then setcellvalue.

I think using the custom cause it not to loop because it creates a unique id tag (using row index as suffix).

I tested it vigorously and so far I didn’t encounter any of the problems I mentioned before and it works as expected.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  SandBird.

Hristo
    Participant

Hello SandBird,

Thank you for your contribution to the community.
    You would find other similar topics in our forum, let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
    Hristo Hristov

jQWidgets team
    https://www.jqwidgets.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.