1. Scroll down to the functional jqxDateTimeInput example.
2. Click in the edit box that holds the date. This will highlight part of the date. The control now has focus.
3. Click (with a mouse) on the calendar icon that opens the calendar dropdown.
4. Click (with the mouse) on a date.
RESULT: The focus is lost. In a “normal page” this sends the focus back to the body. On the example page, since the example is hosted in an iframe, it sends the focus back there.
EXPECTED: The focus will be on the jqxDateTimeInput. Ideally with the first part of the date selected so the user could start typing or pres tab to move on.
Is there a way to get the expected behavior for this control?
* I thought about setting focus on the close event. But if the user clicks to another control, then this could void their click. The focus should only be retained when the user successfully clicked on a date value.
* I thought about using the changed event, but I am fairly sure that fires when the user types in as well, causing unintended side effects.
* If you change step 4 to select the date by using the keyboard (pressing enter), then the focus is retained as it should be. So it seems this is possible, but just not implemented in the control.
This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Vaccano.