Is this possible on a mobile/phone touch screen, via a modern mobile browser:
1) Area 1: vertically scrolling area (fixed height) within the page, containing a number of draggable items
2) Area 2: vertically scrolling area (fixed height) within the page (say below area 1), containing two droppable target areas
3) Long Tap on draggable item activates dragging behavior
4) Drag item out of Area 1 into a droppable target area in Area 2
5) Drop item, and item snaps into place in Area 2
The key point here is to have Areas 1 and 2 as vertically scrolling areas within the page, in case there are many draggable items involved, but to keep both areas (and their content) visible on the phone screen.